●首页 加入收藏 网站地图 热点专题 网站搜索 [RSS订阅] [WAP访问]  
语言选择:
英语联盟 | www.enun.cn
英语学习 | 英语阅读 | 英语写作 | 英语听力 | 英语语法 | 综合口语 | 考试大全 | 英语四六 | 英语课堂 | 广播英语 | 行业英语 | 出国留学
品牌英语 | 实用英语 | 英文歌曲 | 影视英语 | 幽默笑话 | 英语游戏 | 儿童英语 | 英语翻译 | 英语讲演 | 求职简历 | 奥运英语 | 英文祝福
背景:#EDF0F5 #FAFBE6 #FFF2E2 #FDE6E0 #F3FFE1 #DAFAF3 #EAEAEF 默认  
阅读内容

On Love

[日期:2007-09-24]   [字体: ]
On Love



Then said Almitra, Speak to us of Love.
于是,艾蜜特卡说,跟我们谈一谈爱吧。

And he raised his head and looked upon the people, and there fell a stillness upon them. And with a GREat voice he said:
他抬起头看看大家,他们便都安静下来了,他以洪亮的声音说:

When love beckons to you, follow him,
当爱向你召唤时,追随它,

Though his ways are hard and steep.
虽然它的道路艰难又崎岖。

And when his wings enfold you, yield to him,
当它展开双翼拥向你时,投向它,

Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.
虽然隐藏在它双翼下的利剑也许会刺伤你。

And when he speaks to you, believe in him.
当它和你谈话时,信任它,

Though his voice may shatter your dreams as the north wind lays waste the garden.
虽然它的声音或许会粉碎你的梦,如同北风摧残花园一般。

For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you. Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning.
因为爱就好像会帮你加冕,它也会将你钉在十字架上。即使它会助你成长,也会像修剪花木一般对你。

Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun,
甚至,它会登上你的高度,爱抚你在阳光中颤动着的嫩枝。

So shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth.
相同的它也将降到你的根部,动摇你紧抓着泥土的根。

Like sheaves of corn he gathers you unto himself.
爱采集你,有如成捆的麦谷。

He threshes you to make you naked.
它剥脱你,使你裸露。

He sifts you to free you from your husks.
它脱去你的外壳,

He grinds you to whiteness.
它研磨你,使你自净,

He kneads you until you are pliant;
它搓揉你直到柔软;

And then he assigns you to his sacred fire, that you may become sacred bread for God\'s sacred feast.
然后再将你放在圣火中烘烤,使你变成上帝圣餐中的圣饼。

All these things shall love do unto you that you may know the secrets of your heart, and in that knowledge become a fragment of Life\'s heart.
所有这些事,爱都将施加于你,使你能了解你心中的秘密,因而变成「生命」之心的一个碎片。

But if in your fear you would seek only love\'s peace and love\'s pleasure.
但如果你在畏惧之中,只想寻求爱的安宁与愉悦,

Then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of love\'s threshing-floor,
你还不如遮掩着你的裸体,避开爱的打谷场,

Into the seasonless world where you shall laugh, but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears.
走入没有季节变化的世界,在那里你会欢笑,但却不是尽情的笑,你会哭泣,却不会嚎啕大哭。

Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself.
爱所奉献的只是自己,所取得的也是来自自己。

Love possesses not nor would it be possessed;
爱不占有,也不被占有;

For love is sufficient unto love.
因为爱是自给自足的。

When you love you should not say, "God is in my heart," but rather, " I am in the heart of God."
当你爱时不要说:「上帝在我心中。」而是要说:「我在上帝的心中。」

And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course.
不要以为你能引导爱的路径,因为爱如果青睐你,它自然就会来指引你的路。

Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself.
除了成全自己,爱没有别的企求。

But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:
可是,如果你爱,就必须有所求,让你所愿如斯吧!

To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.
让自己融化,像一条奔流的小溪,奏出静夜的旋律。

To know the pain of too much tenderness.
愿因领悟过多的温柔而引起的痛苦。

To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
愿因对爱的了解而受到创痛。

And to bleed willingly and joyfully.
并愿为爱快乐地流血。

To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;
愿在黎明时怀着一颗长了翅膀的心醒来,感谢能有另外一天去爱;

To rest at the noon hour and meditate love\'s ecstasy;
愿在午时憩息,静思爱的狂喜;

To return home at even-tide with gratitude;
愿在黄昏时刻,带着感恩的心回家;

And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.
然后在入睡前,为你所爱的人祈祷,在唇间唱着赞美诗歌。
   免责声明:本站信息仅供参考,版权和著作权归原作者所有! 如果您(作者)发现侵犯您的权益,请与我们联系:QQ-50662607,本站将立即删除!
 
阅读:

推荐 】 【 打印
上一篇:A hundred leagues locked in ic
下一篇:On Giving
相关新闻      
本文评论       全部评论
发表评论

点评: 字数
姓名:
内容查询

热门专题
 图片新闻